Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hi all!!

It does seem to me that our blog has been abandoned for a while now. The last post published was months ago and if it wasn't because of the lazy day I was having today, I don't think I could be bothered to write anything. I think my brain is having a go at me. Ever since I finished my honours, I seriously can't be bothered to do anything required thinking *bleeeehhhh*. So I thought of writing something today. It's a good practice for my English too, right? right?

Last Sunday, Miss FDQ, Chow-Chow, & I went to Swan Valley for a lovely lunch at Chester. We reached the restaurant at 12ish and were the first customers to be seated. So I had time to take a photo of the deserted restaurant. 30 to 40 mins after we arrived, all the tables were suddenly packed! Hey, maybe we were customers who brought luck to the place?? :)



We had this amazing puff pastry tart as an entree. It was a warm puff pastry tart brushed with sundried tomato pesto, layered with red onion, vine-ripened tomato and oregano, topped with slices of buffalo mozzarella and simply served with rockets and basil. It was nice, sort of like eating a mini pizza.



As for the mains, Chow-Chow had the pork rib eye, which was grilled rib eye of pork served on bubble and squeak, topped with homemade apple and mustard chutney finished with a pork & cider sauce.



I had the Barramundi, which was pan fried fillet of barramundi gratinated with a triple cheese and herb crust. It was served on a bed of vanilla and lime scented mash potatoes and drizzled with semi dried tomato. The mash potatoes tasted different from any I've ever had so far and I thought it really suited the barramundi. Lovely!!! ^-^


Miss FDQ's main was the lamb fillet which was marinated in balsamic vinegar and fresh mint, served with roasted garlic potato mash and buttered broccolini and finished with herbed lamb juice.


As we were quite full, we decided to share the desserts. We ordered the sticky date pudding, which according to Chow-Chow "was the best she has ever eaten thus far & even better than Gucce's". The other dessert was croissant pudding, which was orange and white chocolate croissant pudding served with homemade Cointreau ice cream.


Chow2's "the best eaten sticky date pudding" with a pecan toffee sauce and brown bread ice cream. The brown bread ice cream was really yummy, tasted quite unique but refreshing. YUUMMMYYY


1 comment:

  1. OMGGG u guys taste bud really have been spoiledd.. the food looks so yummy! *jealous* =P

    ReplyDelete