Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cranked for brekkie and Adelphi for dinner

Dear readers,

by now you must have realized that I've been blogging a lot and although I'm a terrible blogger, I try my best to update our blog once in a blue moon. I can explain why I seem to be the only person blogging recently: because 1) miss FDQ is on holiday and I havent heard from her for ages & she doesnt seem to update her facebook that much either, so I assume she's super enjoying her holiday. 2) Chow-Chow is busy figuring out how she's gonna start writing her literature review (yes, she's doing her honours in 2011, and eventhough holiday season is coming up very soon, Chow-Chow is showing no sign of slowing down) And there is a reason for that, because last week, Miss FDQ & I were officially informed that we are graduating with first class Honours, so the pressure is on for Chow-Chow. Chayooooo Chow-Chow..you can do it!!!! 3) and Stewie? well..i dont know what she's been up to, probally saddened by the fact that her boyfriend is not coming back to Perth until June next year. But hey, she still has us..dooohhh...

Anyway, last Saturday, Chow-Chow and I went to Cranked for breakfast. Surprisingly the place was not full, we could easily choose any table that we wanted. I ordered Toasty, which is bacon, fried egg and fresh sliced tomato in a light toasted turkish roll with horseradish aioli and bbq sauce. Chow-Chow ordered scrambled egg with pork and smoked honey sausage. I thought her sausage was pretty awesome, it was really tasty.



Toasty


Chow-Chow's scrambled egg

After church, we then went to Adelphi at Parmelia hilton for dinner. One thing for sure, parking was a bitch, but the restaurant was quite cozy and pleasant. Our housemate, Mr D was totally in love with Adelphi, he kept bragging about how the steak was really good, so we decided to give it a try. Chow-Chow had the harvey beef fillet mignon with melted cheese, caprese salad & mash. I had the 'surf and turf' which is harvey beef tenderloin served with prawn, squid, and scallop with creamy seafood sauce. I have to admit that the beef tenderloin and CC's fille mignon were really tender and cooked in perfection, but the sauce was just so-so, not something to die for, and the seafood creamy sauce didn't really go well with the tenderloin. Having said that, we enjoyed the dinner.


surf n turf


Fillet mignon



No comments:

Post a Comment