Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tony Roma's Perth

Dearest readers,

Today Chow-Chow, Mr D (our housemate), and I went to Tony Roma's for dinner. This is what I reckoned from my previous visit, the place was cosy but finding parking is a hassle. I hate having to go round and round to find a free parking spot. Anyway, Mr D was driving his new VW tonight, which was fine by me :)

We kinda already knew what we wanted, so when we were presented with the menu, we just had a quick glance, and ordered straight away. We had a full onion loaf, which is one of the best thing that has ever happened to Tony Roma's. The onion ring is actually giant hand cut onions, breaded, deep fried and served with BBQ mayo dipping sauce.

Each of us ordered a different main. I, for instance always adore the carolina honey, so that was what I ordered. I had french fries and ranch style beans as the side. Chow-Chow was having the original baby back ribs with the same side dishes as mine. Mr D had the rib combo, which was half slab of pork rib with 160g top sirloin and corn & mash potatoes as the side dishes.

We were all super full by the time we finished our mains, but I had this craving for the chocolate avalance. Back home in Jakarta, Tony Roma's serves chocolate brownies in a hot pan with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, and I swear to God, the brownies were HEAVEN. The chocolate avalance was presented in a cocktail glass instead of a hot pan, but the texture, the richness of the chocolate was actually pretty similar. So, two thumbs up for the dessert :)

Chow-Chow's original baby back ribs


The St-Louis style ribs with carolina honey sauce


Mr D's rib combo with top sirloin


Chocolate Avalance


No comments:

Post a Comment