Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fibber McGee's

Helllooooo peopleeeee :)

Last Monday, Chow-Chow and I went to Fibber McGee's for dinner. Another housemate of ours, Mr D (who usually cooks for us) was taking a break from cooking, hence leaving us no food at home.
The dining area was at the back of the pub and considering that it was Monday, the place was quite packed. We were greeted by this tall and lean waitress who had deep voice and looked scary, but nice nevertheless.
We ordered Irish soda bread as an entree and were presented with 3 big slices. I had one, and Chow-Chow had one and both of us almost felt full already. I'm not particularly good at describing food, but I reckon the bread was really compact and a bit dry, I could almost taste the soda.
As for the main, I had braised lamb shank with garlic mash, root vegetables, and rich braising sauce. Lord, my lamb shank was huge and I was really struggling to finish it - which I didnt in the end. Chow-Chow had slow roasted Linley Valley pork belly served on colcannon mash, roasted root vegetables with a meat glaze and apple & sage puree. Her pork belly on the other hand, was pretty small. So, I guess the lamb shank was quite worth to have, considering the prices for both our dishes were similar.
Anyway, with the E-book, we just ended up paying $33.50 and leaving very full and satisfied, we didnt even have room for dessert.

ohhhh...life is good :)


Irish soda bread


The huge lamb shank


Chow-Chow's pork belly

No comments:

Post a Comment